Scheduling & Visits
Dr. Chris will carefully review your medical history, timeline of health, any relevant previous labs, current medications and supplements, and most importantly, will gain an understanding of your personal health goals.
The charge associated with the first visit depends on the time needed. Typical initial visits last at least 60 minutes and are charged at a rate of $250/hour. For more complex medical histories, sometimes 90 minute visits are needed and these are associated with a $375 charge. While these rates may seem expensive, they are reflective of the amount of time spent by your physician reviewing your previous records, reviewing any labs ordered, and also the time spent outside of the consult where an individualized, detailed plan is mapped out for you
In the current healthcare climate, virtual (telemedicine) visits are allowed, but you must reside in the state of Florida or New York to receive care under Anywhere Total Health.
For administrative questions (i.e. insurance questions, data entry, specifics about the lab company protocols, etc.), please email email@example.com. If you have a specific question for Dr. Chris, we do offer secure patient portal messaging and this is the quickest way to communicate. You will typically receive a response within 24 hours. Please note that if the request is deemed to be too detailed (at the discretion of staff), you may be asked to set up a consultation to ensure we offer appropriate, comprehensive guidance.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Anywhere Total Health doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24 hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you are a no show for an appointment and don’t notify our team about a need to reschedule, there will be a $100 charge to the credit card on file. This values our goal of trying to care for as many clients as possible with the highest level of efficiency and punctualness
Billing & Insurance
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests (for example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection).
It is important to note the following however:
- We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in network with any insurance plan.
- We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments. Please call 911 if you are in need of emergency medical attention.
- We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency, please obtain the appropriate level of medical care immediately.
The cost of any services provided by Anywhere Total Health which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-Anywhere Total Health medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Anywhere Total Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary (superbill) that can be submitted to your insurance company. The typical turnaround time to you receiving reimbursement is around 1-2 months.
- Most lab tests ordered by an Anywhere Total Health physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Anywhere Total Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Anywhere Total Health doctor and these tests may require blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Based on lab results, you may be directed to see either your primary care physician or a specialist for co-management purposes.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Anywhere Total Health, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance only pays for blood work at a particular lab facility like Quest or LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having your blood work completed. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs and we will make every effort to ensure you get the most favorable pricing possible.